Greetings human! This is my first post ever in this categories. I created this category to give some playing tips and tricks for specifically iPhone games. I will update this category as soon as I find a good games for iPhone, so make sure to check out this section to see if my new games tips can enhance your gaming experience.
On this first post, I got this game by DeNA. Super Battle Tactics is a turn-based freemium game that mix real time strategy with random chance.
Super Battle Tactics sets as television show where we become the participant in a tank battle arena. The arena is where we met other participant, beat their tank live in real time strategy.
We can bring maximum 4 tanks and 4 abilities into the battle. After we decide our battle strategy, we can go to war. In this battle mode we will get to choose which type of battle we want to face. We can choose to fight for Main Events/Promotion or we can choose to against Opponents.
The tank has a damage bar that will be used to random the damage of that tank. Left Most Damage (LMD) of the tank will always be the lowest damage of the tank, while the Right Most Damage (RMD) will be the highest damage of the tank.
The tank has three general types, Attacker (ATK), Defender (DEF), and Speedster (SPD). The ATK is where all the damage colored by red, they usually has normal HP and high damage. Defender is where it has at least one damage colored by blue while the other is red. DEF will have the highest HP but a low damage. The last is the SPD. SPD will have at least two blue damage bar. This blue damage bar means the first strike (The tutorial of the game will explain this, but I will try to explain this later). SPD will have pretty high damage but low HP.
At the arena, we will try to decide which ability that we want to trigger in that round. Action Point that used for triggering the ability will always be replenished each round, so make sure you use the action point wisely.
Afterwards the war will begin with decision on who will strike first. This where the blue bar damage counts. The one who will strike first is the one that has the highest total blue damage on their tank. If the value the same or no tank gets any blue damage, the first strike will be decided by coin tossing.
Aside from the arena, this game also has some interesting component inside. We can build tanks with tank parts that we can gather during the arena, or can be claimed by opening the contracts. There also collections mode in this game. It means that after we build certain set of tank, we will get a reward.
Besides unlocking tanks, we can also unlock more abilities. The only requirement needed is we climbed through the rank. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Ruby, and the ultimate rank is Diamond. Every time we win the arena, we will get the so-called League Point. After certain League Point gained, we will have opportunity to be promoted in the next rank. We just need to win 3 times and avoid losing 3 times during that promotion chance.
Things I Like
Super Battle Tactics offers me a different gameplay despite its freemium strategy. I think the most fun part is to find the right combination of abilities and tanks. Put the right combination on, and you will advance quite far in the arena.
The game also have a nice art design that separates each tank from its categories. It makes you easily separate which one is the ATK tank, the DEF tank, or the SPD tank. The attention to detail also shown in the battle mode background. The game will randomly put the background, ice, desert, or even green pasture.
Since this is a freemium game, there are some possibility for some people that get impatient and want to spend real money on this games. But for those of you who are really patient in this kind of games, there are several tips to help you earn enough cash without having to worry about needing to spend real cash through IAP.
- Make sure you turn your notifications on as the ticket is limited and you want to make sure every ticket counts.
- Don’t worry about advancing into the next rank, take it slowly and make sure your main tank is fully upgraded.
- Don’t miss the contracts, it has the highest probability of getting exclusive parts (even rare tank).
- Just upgrade your rarest tank, sell the others. (As you progress, you will find a better common tank. So just upgrade the rare tank, and sell other tanks for upgrade cost. Make sure you have enough tank for playing in the battle mode)
- Maximum ticket is 5, so even if you get extra ticket when you already have 5, you will lose your additional ticket. Remember each time you build a tank you get ticket and after finish you will also get one. You can control the timing of these events, my advice is to keep playing until you have 3 or less tickets.
- You don’t have to upgrade every tanks. check its maximum stat. Only if this is the tank you want in your team, then upgrade.
- If you still want to continue playing after losing a battle and you have 8 uncommon or better tanks, you can setup 2 different teams to skip waiting for the repair process.
Now for those of you that want to get some win streak, here are some tips for you.
- Find your combination of abilities, the way you want to play, then choose what tank you want to bring. For example, if you don’t want to use re-spin action and want to minimize the random effect to your total damage, you can bring abilities like Draw Fire or Targeting. You also need to bring DEF tank that has high LMD so it will reduce your need to re-spin.
- If the tank confused you to decide which one to choose, decide on the total damage the tank has and the HP of the tank. So if one tank is 2/4/5 with HP 35 against 3/3/5 with HP 36, choose the later tank. Always consider only the three first damage as it will minimize the random roll. The higher your LMD are, the more unlikely you will get frustrated because you can’t kill a tank from your total damage.
- In the arena, your tank position will decide which tank will deal damage first (upper position tank will attack first). So make sure you put the tank with the highest RMD possible in front line.
- You try to have the same/outnumbered your opponent tanks. So make sure that in every round you kill at least one tank and not losing any tanks.
- Targeting ability is an effective way to increase damage dealt chance to opponent’s tanks. So as soon as the damage is out, quickly count your damage. The first target is the tank that can be killed in that turn, if you have more than one tank that can be killed choose one that can be killed with only three tanks (choose wisely). If no tank that can be killed, choose the highest HP tank.
- Draw Fire is an excellent tactic to absorb damage to your tanker tank. It gives the tank extra 4 armor. draw fire used together with targeting because the idea is to draw opponent to damage your tanker, so you can deal damage with/without your tanker to target tank that can be eliminated this round
- Sensors Jammed will be available once you unlocked Silver Rank. When we use Sensors Jammed, opponent that use Targeting ability will be ignored, and the damage will be spread. Usually live player will be using targeting, team that might be useful with this strategy is a team that full of speedster tank. Draw Fire will not be used in Sensors Jammed or vice versa.
- Opponents mode in the Arena have a rarer part drop rate. So you might want to spend your last ticket for this mode as it will give you a chance to get rare parts that you can use to unlock Rare Tank. This mode however will only contribute on your league point but not promotion tier win streak.
- If you play using iPhone 4s/iPad Mini (1st generation) like me, you will face lots of crash due to lack of memory. If you’re like me, you won’t get enough win streak because of the crash. So my tips is to close the app every time after you did a match. Thus, you won’t get any crash after you play and your ticket won’t be wasted anymore.
- My last tips for winning in the arena is to never give up. In any moment, just don’t give up. Even if your dice is rolling badly, your opponent also have chances to screwed their dice as well.
Super Battle Tactics is a great real time strategy games. Despite its freemium strategy, the game doesn’t heavily involve IAP. It has a balance games component that will entertain most people that love strategic games.